Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympic Games 2008 BEIJING

Today at 13.50 Swedish time, I will sit in front of the TV and enjoy the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. Have been there just a couple of months before, I feel Beijing and all the chinese people close to me.

Downtown Beijing was covered with commercial for the Olympics.
Look at this picture here. On the left side soldiers representing
security in town and just close to it a "Clean Environment for the Olympic" sign.
Traffic has been reduced to halv during these days to allow the sun to come out and the air to be less polluted. It might be a good thing, but I just wonder why don't they do something more then just reducing the traffic? And not only for this short time...

To leave the taxi or the bus or metro is a good experience. You might get caught in the middle of a huge traffic point, where cars, bycicles, buses, comes from every direction. Caotic yes, but a very well organised caos.

This building below represents (if i remember well) the new TV house of Beijing.
Just correct me if I am wrong.
Amazing architecture.
During our trip we me a man who told us that architects get their dream job in China.
They can build whatever they dream about.
It looks pretty much scary to be under this building.

Metropololes like New York, Paris or Tokyo. You just don't see where you are strolling in this area of downtown Beijing if not by reading the signs. And unfortunately the "americans" take over ( I just don't write the name since I don't want to make commercial for them). I boicot them coz. this is no food! Junk food compared to this wonderful chinese food??? Are you kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment