Monday, August 11, 2008

THE FORBIDDEN CITY - BEIJING

Before travelling to China I heard about the Forbidden City but I never actually knew exactly what it was. Suddenly I was there in front of the entrance, with a huge Mao facing me. Tourists everywhere. It was warm but we had blue sky (believe it or not). Emperor Yongle builded the palace with help of million of lavourers between 1406 and 1420. The palace has 9999,5 rooms. Totally there are 800 buildings in the city and you can walk and walk and walk and still not be able to see everything in a full day. I don't understand how people can possibly only come here 1-2 hours with a group. We merely made it to the end so much it was to see and discover.
In this city lived 14 Ming Emperors and 10 Qing emperors.
It was a very intresting day and of course I took a lot of pictures. What I like most was the garden inside the city. There we found small cafés and souvenir shops. We sat down and looked at people and had a good cup of tea. I will try to put more pictures in a short while.




No comments:

Post a Comment