Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ZEN MUSIC SHAOLIN GRAND CEREMONY


One of the highlights of my trip to China was the Zen Music Shaolin Grand Ceremony very closed to the Shaolin Temple in Deng Feng. My very good friend Huan came with us and fixed us tickets for the show. Now you have to imagine the movie "HERO" with all those beautiful colours, the monks and the fights. You get involved in something mistical, that does not belong to us really.
One thing is it to see it at the movies, at home in front of the TV, another is it to be part of it.

For an evening I felt part of a big big fantasy, meditation, admiration. I felt hypnotized by the chants and the music, by the music of the water, the movements of the monks. The only negative thing that I can report are the rich chinese people that come there, eat and drink and talk and scream out loud during the concert. But beside of them I can say that I have never been so touched by a concert like that nigh. It's China's biggest seightseeing performance.

Unfortunately I can only share with you some pictures that I took that night.
Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpscIVjgSU&NR=1, close your eyes and dream. SWEET DREAMS to you all

1 comment: