Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BEIJING OPERA

Before I travelled to China I heard about the Peking Opera a lot, but I didn't knew exactly how it was. The last days of our 10-days trip in Beijing our guide helped us to find tickets for the Opera. (I will come up with the name later on, cause I just forgot it). The theatre was part of a big hotel, which made us a little bit suspicious. We just hate big hotels full of tourist.
We came in advance and ended up at the restaurants hotel for a light dinner. The restaurag was huge. We thought "Oh we are going to spend a lot of money", but in fact it was not at all expensive and there was a young girl serving us and standing just close to our table all the time. I told her that she moved gracely and she did not left me the entire time. She even accompanied us at the entrance of the theatre afterwards and was so happy. Before the beginning you have the chance to see how the actors paint themself and make-up. I got the feeling of an intruder however. Like hey "here are the shimpanzee, look at them". Even if I am very curious I like to talk to the persons I want to photograph and everything was so made up. But they did an amazing job.

We knew our guide bought us VIP-tickets. Once in a lifetime. When we entered the opera we could see how the stage was built. First 2 raws tables and chairs, one stair up on the perfect hight with the stage, tables, decoreted and full of tea and sweeties, and then sitting place behind it. We ended up in the middle and a perfect place for me to take pictures. It was not forbidden and I was so glad I had my 70-200 mm, 2.8mm with me that night. On the sidewalls signs in "english". I offer you a good laugh.

Before the actores entered the stage and showed us an amazing act of acrobacy, act and singing, the musicians came up with their wonderful instruments.

Then it was time for the amazing story of ......... I an came back to you with the right name of the piece.


The actor made us really laugh and feel comfortable. Beeing in the right position I got many good pictures with actors looking straight into the camera, which warmed my heart, cos. not everybody had this opportunity. I am thankfull for all the wonderful moments that I could share and live in China.

The Peking Opera is a MUST. Look at the faces, the expressions, the clothes. It was a wonderful evening with good tea and sweets.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, vilka bilder!! Du har verkligen fångat det magiskt teatrala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack, det var faktiskt ganska likat att ha en sådant super plats att fota.

    ReplyDelete