Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LEFTOVERS


I am back in Sweden now. The last 2 weeks I was in my hometown Lugano in the southern of Switzerland to take care of the leftovers of my dear mother Marianne.

It has been a hard time going from happy moments to completely emptyness inside of me. My camera helped me during this time, as well as my brothers Giovanni and Emanuele, my very good friends and my mothers friends and my wonderful partner.

Many thoughts passed my mind since she left. In May I visited her in the hospital and I did not realize (I did not wanted) that she was going. I remember taking some funny pictures together in the hospital. She also made funny faces in front of the camera and we took a last picture together. Then before putting aside the camera I took this picture. Was I realizing unconsciously that yes, the time had come?
A plastic mug with cold tea, some unused glasses and bunches of pills. It was indeed time to go. I know MAMMA that you are much happier now where you are.
But I miss you soooooooooo much!
I will continue taking pictures, because it's my life! Even though it's hard these days. But I will be strong and continue my way as YOU always wanted me to go.

2 comments: