Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CIAO MAMMA


Monday, 25th of May 2009, 9.10 passed my mother away.
A shock, somehow unexptected. She is gone.
How to deel with this news?

Did I understood right on the phone? Dead..... "morta" said my sister on the phone.
I just didn't wanted to get it into me. "What dead" - I answered, I talked to her
last night and she was fine?

"Morta, la mamma è morta!"

The world crashed for me. She who has always been there for me, who has been
father and mother to me, a friend, MY FAMILY.

Alone, desperate, what is there a meaning to continue without her? Stupid words and thoughts.
It's a completely mess... in my mind, in my heart, in everything.

I am scared. Scared to come down to Lugano, where I was born, where my wonderful and loved mother lived. Scared to enter her apartment without her. Scared of touching her things, have to decide to give them away, choose who gets what, deal with the papers. I have never been so scared in my life...

Never Give Up
No matter what is going on
Never Give Up

from the IXVth Dalai Lama

I will do my best. I don't know when I will be able again to get back to what I was before. Time will tell. So my friends, I will disappear for a while and hopefully come back in July with new pictures. For the moment it's hard to think that I will take some good pictures, but maybe I will, maybe she will guide me to even better ones.


MAMMA, GRAZIE

thank you for being the person you are

for the love you gave to everybody,

the positivity you spread in the world,

Thank you for EVERTHING you did for me

and THANK YOU for being in me and believing in me.


Love you forever and see you again in our next life together.

3 comments:

  1. I think of you and send you a great hug. Take care. /Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag beklagar djupt din sorg! Känner fortfarande hur ont det gjorde när pappa gick bort för flera år sedan, jag vet vad du går igenom även om ingen sorg är den andra lik. Hoppas ändå du får en härlig sommar. PS. Nu har jag 12 grisar! Fick en kull för en vecka sedan :-). Kram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack Anna. Jag är nu tillbaka i Sverige med en rollercoaster of känslor.
    Men nu är det ett nytt kapitel i mitt liv, utan mamma eller egentligen med henne rumt om mig hela tiden. Men jag saknar så otroligt mycket hennes röst och alla telefonsamtal.
    På kvällen är det värst men imorron börjar jag jobba igen, så det är bara att stampa på marken, ner med huvut och rakt in i livet igen.
    Grattis för en ny kull, herregud, vad många söta. Är Chico pappa?
    Ciao ciao
    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete