Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WORLDEST SMALLEST FOTOSTUDIO

Big eyes and a scream came out from my mouth when I was passing by car this little house painted with "Fotostudio" on it. Outside of Stown Town in Zanzibar I was, together with my partner, a driver and a guide discovering the village life of zanzibarians.
Surrounded by high palm trees, playing children on the street we finally arrived at a smal crossing and I just couldn't resist to stop the car and go out to take this picture.
A few minutes later the owner arrived. A photographer collegue that makes the best he cans to survive.
He opened his studio for me and showed me inside.  Just half of the house was used as a studio. A small blue fabric was hanging on the wall as background. This colour is used for Tanzania passpictures.  I have it myself here in the studio.
The photographer cames once a week here and people pay sometimes and sometimes not. There was a small table in the hut, some electrical cables and he owned a small compact camera that he used for taking the pictures. I asked him "Where do you print them out"?
Well I go once a week to Stone Town where I can borrow a printer and then I come back after one week and hang them in the village.
 I will never complain anymore that I have a too small studio. All is relative!

No comments:

Post a Comment