Thursday, January 19, 2012

DOLPHIN VILLAGE

One of the places and tours we visited during our holidays in Zanzibar was the dolphin village in Kizimkazi. 5.30 in the morning they picked us up from the hotel and we drove from Stone Town to Kizimkazi. Only a few other tourist boats were outside and I am happy for that, because this was one of the few things I disliked of the whole trip. Chasing dolphins to swim with them.
Yes indeed they are free and can actually swim away from us people but I do believe they don't need a bunch of tourist boats chasing them all day long, all year long.
When the captain of our 9 persons little boat said "Now, jump" it was like a race who is first in the water, who is first at swimming, seeing the dolphin.  Yes I saw 2 of them, but I am not proud and I hope if you ever consider going to Zanzibar to not join this tours. I don't think its worse the money.

Moby dick, our boat for the trip with the crew preparing for departure.

Grap your equipment before jumping into the boat!


Captain and seaman happy after all of us guests saw the dolphin in the water

Fast they are, so this is all I got from that moment that early morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment