Friday, January 28, 2011

VARBERG - THE BATHHOUSE

When I moved to Sweden in 2000 I visited many places around Gothenburg and south of my new hometown.
Varberg, is a sea town and has a remarkable fortress just on the coastside. The whole city has a special touch of history and water has and does still play a big role for the town. Here you can find different kind of hotels with Spa and just in front of the fortress a wooden construction rises from the water. The bathing house. When I first saw it, I thought I was somehow on the wrong side of the world. The maroccan/arab details mixed with the northen sky light hits one. Admiration, astonishment, curiosity.
Many visits have I done to Varberg in these last ten years; it's just one hour drive away from Gothenburg and well worth several visits, even if it's just to walk on the seaside, take a cup of tea in one of the cozy cafés, or visit the museum in the fortress, or why not, book a spa for a week-end.

The pictures shown here are taking winter 2010, an amazing sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment