Friday, May 21, 2010

EIRE EIRE EIRE


Old sign in miles and new in km.

Back from a week in Ireland one of my favourite countries.

It has been 10 years since my last visit there and the country did definitively go through some changes. It seems like Ireland has become an European country, with brand new motorways, multinationals, restaurants with better but more expensive food, and people seem to have it better. But somehow, it was not the Ireland I knew from my previous visits. I miss the magic, the mistery that Ireland always had in my eyes.

Thank to all the wonderful irish people that I met along my way so has this trip been memorable anyway and indeed the irish countryside is and will be always a part of me. Sheep, green gras, hills, ocean, mountains, rivers, tea and scones, old monuments, churches, the wonderful colourful villages and not to forget GUINNES all this and more was part of my trip. I will put up some pictures in the next days and hopefully will give you an idea of this country.


Old GUINNES bottles. Picture taken at the GUINNES brewhouse in Dublin

No comments:

Post a Comment